GARDEN OF EDEN
Back to the
1. Hebrew /G^(gan)
= garden, as an enclosure (Gen 2:8).
a. LXX, paravdeiso"
(paradeisos) = paradise, derived from the Zendic pairi-daęza,
a hedging round; came into Hebrew as sD@r=P^
(pareddes), a park (SOS 4:13; Eccl. 2:5; Neh.
2. Hebrew /d#u@
(eden) = delight, pleasure (Gen 2:8).
Garden of Eden (Gen 2:8) was a paradise of Earthly delight; a
peace, love, happiness, and bliss. There was no sin and
God gave Adam and 'Ishah a life and supplied all their
Grace. He provided food for them to eat.
2. Adam and 'Ishah
celebrated a honeymoon in the Garden. The woman was very
and the man handsome. They were the perfect
couple. They were
naked and unashamed (Gen 2:25). They enjoyed the perfect
love and ecstatic sex of Right Man and Right Woman. They
capacity for life and love to enjoy the peaks of sexual climax
emotional or physical detriment. Their love was
in spirit, soul, and body.
3. The Garden was a Divine
of protection from the Cosmic System. Satan and the
could only watch from a distance.
4. The animals were
and green plants flourished without weeds or thorns.
5. The Garden of Eden
the closest thing to Heaven on Earth.
6. Adam and the woman
enjoy life in the Garden so long as they obeyed God's command
not to eat
of the forbidden fruit. The only way they could sin was
to eat the
forbidden fruit (Gen 2:17).
7. Inside the Divine
Adam and the woman had fellowship with God. They talked
preincarnate Lord, who appeared to them as an Angel.
1. The Garden of Eden was God's opening
the Appeal Trial of Satan. One man and one woman without
sin in a
perfect love relationship in Marriage in perfect environment
the perfect love relationship between God and angels before
2. The man and woman in the Garden were
in the Appeal Trial. This was symbolized by the
3. At some point Satan was allowed to tempt
4. After man sinned, God provided the Redemption
Solution. The Lord Jesus Christ paid for the sins of
but He let man choose whether to accept the Divine solution and
a. Those who
Christ will go to Heaven.
b. Those who do not
will go to the Lake of Fire with Satan.
After the Fall God provided a Divine Dynasphere for man
the Garden of Eden (Eph 1:19; Col 1:11).
a. Job was in a
Dynasphere protected by a hedge (Job 1:10).
b. Abraham and
protected by a shield (Gen 15:1).
c. Right Man and
Woman in the Church Age have the potential of going back to the
by using the Filling of the Holy Spirit and the Edification
the Soul (Eph 5:25-31).
6. The RM-RW relationship symbolizes the
between Christ and the Church (2 Cor 11:2; Eph 5:32).
1. Sin destroyed the love relationship of
the man and
woman in the Garden. It also destroyed the environment and
2. The man and woman were thrown out of the
a. The environment
cursed (Gen 3:17-18; 5:29; Jer 12:4, 11; Rom 8:20–22; Heb 6:8).
b. Man had to work
eat (Gen 3:19).
c. The woman must
children (Gen 3:16).
3. Sin in the man and woman must be handled
the Fall the potential exists to go back to the Garden
in the Marriage of Right Man and Right Woman in the Divine
This is the subject of Song of Solomon.
2. Going back to the Garden requires
problem of sin. This requires the Redemption Solution,
from the world, and Spiritual growth.
Solution – purification from sins at Salvation and by Rebound
b. Sanctification –
from the world – Positional and Experiential Sanctification (2
c. Spiritual growth
Maturity and Spiritual Rapport (Mk 4:28; Jn 17:17; Rom 15:29;
3. The Right Man – Right Woman relationship
the Divine Dynasphere symbolizes the Marriage of Adam and 'Ishah
in the Garden.
4. Spiritual Rapport with God is required to
back to the Garden.
5. Even if one of the partners falls into
rejects the Divine solution, the other one can still advance to
Rapport. In the absence of a willing Right Man or Right
it is best not to marry (1 Cor 7:26-27).
6. The one who advances alone can advance to
Rapport without the distraction of Marriage (1 Cor 7:35).
can be devoted to the Lord as a pure virgin (2 Cor 11:2).
7. However, the Right Man – Right Woman
continues until death and is the source of testing (Rom 7:2; 1
8. Residence in the Divine Dynasphere (going
to the Garden) requires Capacity for Life, Love, and Happiness
as purity in soul, spirit, and body (1 Cor 7:34; 1 Thess
believer must avoid being choked by the world (Luk 8:14).
1. After man was expelled from the Garden of
members of the human race were born under Marriage
Culture with the desire to go back to the Garden.
2. Life on Earth under Marriage Culture is
being in a spiritual Garden. The spiritual Garden is not
but can be perceived spiritually.
3. The symbol of the Garden is an enclosure
by the Chinese characters tián and yuán and corresponding
to the Persian word for paradise.
4. The Garden of Eden was the Garden of
delights with great blessing and a curse.
Man - Right Woman love (Gen 2:22-25; 1 Thess 4:4; Tit 2:4).
b. The tree in the
of the Garden carried the curse of death from sin (Gen 2:17;
c. Obedience to God
great blessing, but sin resulted in dying and death.
5. Outside the Garden man had the
obey God and have blessing or sin and die the Sin Leading to
6. There are two Gardens: the Garden
delights of God in the Divine
Dynasphere and the Garden of Worldly delights of Satan in
a. Those who obey
in the Garden of Earthly delights can have great blessing (Eccl
b. Those who obey
in the Garden of Worldly delights will have cursing and death
1. The environment was perfect in the
original Garden of Eden.
a. Plants were lush and green.
b. There was ample water, although
there was no rain.
c. Animals were tame and companions of
2. After the Fall God Judged the environment, and it
suffered greatly due to man's sin (Rom 8:20-22). The
animals became wild, and the ground produced thorns and thistles
3. God still controls the environment. He blesses it
and curses it in relation to His Plan for man in history.5
4. The environment, including the weather, plants, and
animals, is under God's control through the angels.
5. When a believer advances in the Spiritual life, God
sends the animals to serve him (1 Ki 17:4-6; Job 40:15-24;
41:1-34) or curse him (Judg 14:5; 1 Sam 17:34-36).
6. God communicates to the believer through animals and
their angels or demons.
a. Understanding God's communication
through he environment is called Divine viewpoint.
b. Believing Satan's lies is called
7. The believer who advances back to the Garden will have
a close relationship with animals and the environment.
1. As soon as Satan recognized the power of
Dynasphere of the Garden, he counterattacked.
a. He convinced the
to sin in the Garden and empowered her to lure her husband into
b. After the Fall
a full assault on Marriage to destroy the possibility of going
2. In the antediluvian civilization Satan's
married women and cohabited with them to produce a race of
3. After the Flood he attacked Noah through
reversionism and homosexual incest (Gen 9:21-24).
4. Satan attacked the Marriage of Abraham
who were RM-RW, through Pharaoh of Egypt and Hagar (Gen
5. Satan's counterfeit Garden was idolatry
he was worshipped as the Evil King (Antichrist) and Prostitute
(Deut 12:2; 2 Ki 16:4; Isa 14:13-14; Jer 2:20).
6. Satan counterattacked David through
with Bathsheba (2 Sam 11:2-4).
7. Satan counterattacked Solomon through the
of Babylon (1 Ki 11:4-8).
8. Satan counterattacks the Church through
(Rev 2:20). This includes false teachers and apostasy
Col 2:8; 2 Tim 2:26; 3:6; 2 Pet 2:17-19).
1. The Love of RM/RW must be pure (Eph
This requires Rebound and the Filling of the Holy Spirit plus
from the world (Eph 5:26).
2. The Prostitute of Babylon and Antichrist
be defeated to be pure. Otherwise, there will be slavery
to the Cosmic
System and idolatry (1 Cor 6:16-17).
3. Spiritual Freedom inside the DD requires
Lawlessness and Legalism (2 Cor 6:7).
4. Sanctification of the RM/RW relationship
forsaking all others, not making passes or being seduced by
fornicating or committing adultery (1 Cor 6:18; Eph 5:4; Heb
5. Immature attitudes, illusions, fetishes,
hang-ups, and sexual lusts must be overcome (Matt 5:28; 2 Cor
10:5; 2 Tim
2:22; 2 Pet 2:14).
1. Rigorous testing of the believer occurs
of the way back to the Garden. When the test is passed,
is promoted (1 Pet 5:6). When the test is failed, the
punished or demoted (Jas 4:1-6). Promotion means more
Grace and capacity
for life and love.
2. The RM/RW relationship is also tested
tests for each phase of the relationship (Identification,
and Spiritual Rapport).
3. Testing is designed to prove obedience to
Doctrine in the RM/RW relationship. During the pressure of
the sins of legalism and lawlessness must be avoided.
4. Childish and immature illusions, fears,
worries must be overcome. Examples include:
a. Hang-ups about
which is not a sin.
b. Lust of the eye
other vision problems (Job 31:1; Prov 6:25; Matt 5:28; 1 Jn
5. Opportunities for illicit sex in any
fornication, adultery, sexual impurity, and seduction must be
6. Testing may include being the victim of
harassment. Potiphar's wife tried to seduce Joseph and
clothes off (Gen 39:6-18).
7. Testing in Spiritual Rapport requires
Satan as the Antichrist and Prostitute of Babylon (Jas 4:7; 1
1. Larry Wood. Redemption,
2. Larry Wood. Fellowship
God, July 29, 2014.
3. Larry Wood. Right
Man - Right Woman, May 13, 2015.
4. Larry Wood. Satan's
Attack on Marriage, Sept. 23, 2013.
Larry Wood. Colors in
," Nov. 11, 2014.
Author: Larry Wood, Released
13, 2015 - Revised May 30, 2018